News

Eight dead as Somali forces battle Al-Shabaab at besieged hotel


Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Hayat Hotel

At least eight civilians have been confirmed dead in an attack by Islamist militants on a hotel in the Somali capital Mogadishu, an official said Saturday, as security forces continued to battle gunmen holed up inside.

“The security forces continued to neutralise terrorists who have been cordoned inside a room in the hotel building; most of the people were rescued but at least eight civilians were confirmed dead so far,” security commander Mohamed Abdikadir told AFP. “The security forces rescued dozens of civilians including children who were trapped in the building safely,” he added.

Read Next



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.