These yummy, quick and easy 2 minute noodle recipes are the perfect meals to recreate on a tight budget.
These meals will also ensure that you spend less time in the kitchen, hovering over the stove to prepare dinner for yourself and your loved ones after the stressful day you may have had.
Carbonara 2 minute noodles
- 120g of guanciale or flat pancetta
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of black peppercorns
- 3 packets of 2 minute noodles
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- Bring a large saucepan of very salty water to the boil.
- Cut the guanciale or pancetta into 1-2cm pieces. Place in a cold frypan with the oil then heat over medium-high heat. Cook until the fat has rendered and the guanciale is very crispy. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Crush the pepper in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Place the egg, egg yolk and parmesan in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 1 1/2 minutes then drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Return guanciale to the heat and add the crushed pepper. Cook for 30 seconds then add the drained noodles and cook, tossing occasionally for a few minutes until the noodles begin to take on some colour. Add some reserved noodle water and toss to combine, then remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add the egg mixture and toss until completely emulsified. Divide between two bowls and serve covered with extra pecorino and crushed black pepper.
This recipe was found on delicious.com.au
Easy garlic noodles
- 5 packets of instant noodles
- 8 cloves of garlic skins peeled
- ½ cup of peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of chili flakes
- ½ cup of shallots green onions
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- coriander to garnish (optional)
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the day: Stuffed baby marrow
- Bring a medium size saucepan to the boil, add noodles and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the noodle water.
- Add peanut oil, sliced garlic and chilli flakes to a medium sized flat bottom sauce pan. cook for approx 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked noodles to the cooked garlic, pour in reserved noodle water, drizzle over sesame oil and stir to combine.
- Portion and plate noodles, garnish with green onions, coriander and parmesan.
This recipe was found on sweetcaramelsunday.com
2 minute noodle salad
- 4 cups of cabbage, sliced
- 8 tablespoons of slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 spring of onions, sliced
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 x 85g of Maggi 2 minute noodles
- 1 carrot, grated
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of light olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Dissolve sugar in 1½ cups boiling water.
- Add 2 flavour sachets from noodles and mix. Add oil, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Stir and pour over lightly crushed noodles. Allow to absorb and mix with other ingredients.
This recipe was found on bestrecipes.com.au
Vegetable stir-fry with noodles
- 2 packets of 2 minute noodles
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ brown or yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ red capsicum or bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of green cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- Preheat oil in a wok on medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for a minute or so until onion is softened. Add the rest of the vegetables to the wok and sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles to packet instructions, then drain and add to the wok. Pour in soy and oyster sauce and mix altogether.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was found on cookitrealgood.com